The WSB Academy is a body of distinguished experts who will formulate policies and programmes that will ensure that all the clinical practitioners of Skull Base Pathosis secure the required and expected level of academic knowledge and skills and to promote and maintain standards in this particular field. They will also work towards instilling the core values of caring, respect, responsibility and honesty amongst trainees in Skull Base Surgery and allied sciences.
- Dr. Mansukh L. Mandaviya - Minister of Health and Family Welfare; Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India
- Dr. Rajiv Bahl - Secretary to Government of India, Department of Health Research and Director General, Indian Council of Medical Research
- Dr. Ashwathnarayan C. N - Minister of Higher Education; Minister of Electronics, Information & Biotechnology and Science & Technology; Minister of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship and Livelihood, Government of Karnataka
- Dr. K. Sudhakar - Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Medical Education, Government of Karnataka
- Dr. H. Sudarshan Ballal - Chairman, Manipal Health Enterprises Pvt. Ltd.
- Dr. Sharan Shivaraj Patil - Chairman and Chief Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sparsh Hospital
- Dr. Sangita Reddy - Joint Managing Director, Apollo Hospitals
- Dr. Kishore Chandra Prasad - Specialist Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, Medeor Hospital, Dubai
- Dr. Laligam N. Sekhar - Vice Chairman, Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Washington, United States
- Dr. Carl H. Snyderman - Professor of Otolaryngology and Neurological Surgery, University of Pittburgh School of Medicine, United States
- Dr. Anil D'Cruz - Director of Oncology, Apollo Hospitals
- Dr. Levent Sennaroglu - Professor Faculty of Medicine, Department of ENT, Hacettepe University, Turkey
- Dr. Pietro Palma - Private Consultant, Casa di Cura “LA MADONNINA” & The Face Clinic, Milano, Italy
- Dr. Bellur Rajashekhar - Professor, Department of Speech and Hearing, Manipal College of Health Professions, Manipal
WSB Academy Coordinating Committee Chairman: Dr. Sampath Chandra Prasad Rao
WSB Academy Coordinator for Development of the Academy: Dr. M.B. Bharathi
WSB Academy Coordinator for Skull Base Education: Dr. Iype Cherian
WSB Academy Coordinator for Health Policy: Dr. Nandu Kolwadkar
WSB Academy Coordinator for International Affairs: Dr. Puya Dehgani-Mobaraki
WSB Academy Coordinator for Research and Quality Improvement: Dr. Anupam Nayak
WSB Academy Ethics Committee Chair: Dr. Pawan Singhal
Academy Standards of WSB
World Skull Base Foundation has set academic standards for membership to the Foundation, which includes:
1. Educational and Training Requirements: Members are expected to have completed formal training in skull base surgery and to have demonstrated expertise in the field.
2. Clinical Experience: Members are expected to have substantial experience in performing skull base procedures and to have a track record of positive patient outcomes.
3. Professional Contributions: Members are expected to be actively engaged in research, education and innovation in the field of skull base surgery, and to have published articles or scientific presentations at conferences.
4. Ethical Conduct: Members are expected to adhere to high ethical standards in their professional practice, including maintaining patient confidentiality and avoiding conflicts of interest.
5. Ongoing Professional Development: Members are expected to continue to develop their skills and knowledge through ongoing education and training.
6. Networking & Active Participation in the Foundation’s activities:
- i. Members are encouraged to attend events: The Foundation organizes regular events such as conferences, workshops, and symposia. Attending these events can provide opportunities to meet and interact with other members and experts in the field.
- ii. Members are encouraged to join the Foundation's committees or working groups: The Foundation has various committees and working groups focused on different areas of skull base surgery. Joining one or more of these groups can help connect with other members who share interests and collaborate on projects or initiatives.
- iii. Members should participate in online forums and social media groups: The Foundation has online forums and social media groups where members can discuss topics related to skull base surgery. Participating in these groups can provide opportunities to connect with other members and share information and insights.
- iv. Collaboration on research projects: Collaborating on research projects with other members can help build relationships and expertise in the field.
- v. Volunteer for the Foundation: Volunteering for the Foundation can provide opportunities to work closely with other members and contribute to the Foundation's mission.
Qualities and Expectations of a WSBF Academy Member
World Skull Base Foundation has outlined the expectations and requirements for membership to the Foundation, which includes:
1. Expertise in the field of skull base surgery: Members are typically highly skilled and experienced surgeons who specialize in skull base surgical procedures.
2. Dedication to patient care: Members are committed to providing the highest quality care to their patients, with a focus on improving outcomes and reducing the risk of complications.
3. Commitment to research and innovation: Members are expected to be engaged in ongoing research and to continuously seek new and better ways to treat skull base disorders.
4. Collaboration and teamwork: Members are expected to work effectively with their colleagues, including other skull base surgeons, neuro-radiologists, and other healthcare professionals, to provide comprehensive care to patients.
5. Professionalism and integrity: Members are expected to adhere to high ethical standards and to act in a professional manner at all times.
6. Participation in the Foundation’s activities: Members are expected to participate in the Foundation’s meetings, workshops, and other events and to contribute to its mission and goals.